Indonesia - August 09, 2018 09:00Quarter finals archived in YogyakartaGames report by AFC.comPhoto: Persian star Ali Asghar Hassanzadeh celebrating a goal for Mes Sungun (Courtesy: AFC)

Courtesy: The

Mes Sungun Varzaghan storm into semi-finals

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yogyakarta: Islamic Republic of Iran’s Mes Sungun Varzaghan convincingly booked themselves a spot in the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018 semi-finals after securing an emphatic 8-3 win over FC EREM of Kyrgyz Republic on Wednesday.

The opening minutes of the match were highly entertaining as both sides took on an aggressive approach from the first blow of the whistle.

Ali Asghar Hassanzadeh opened the scoring within the first minute of the game but Mes Sungun’s had no time to enjoy the lead as Dilshat Kadyrov scored the equaliser from a kick in set-piece just moments after the restart.

Sangsefidi etched his name on the scoresheet in the third minute when a set-piece split Erem’s defence and a string of passes between Farhad Fakhim and Mortteza Ezzati led to Sangsefidi laying the finishing touch.

Shortly after, Erem responded with a run that ended with Akbar Kazemi outmaneuvering Mes Sungun goalkeeper Saeid Momeni but his effort flew to the right.

Daniiar Abdraimov’s charges continued with their man-to-man marking, but they lacked discipline in defending and Mes Sungun punished them heavily with Saeid Taghizadeh and Abolghasem Oruji etching their names on the scoreboard in the fifth and seventh minutes respectively.

In the 12th minute, Alireza Askari dispossessed defender Pavel Taku and easily shot through Kirill Ermolov, courtesy of Farhad Fakhim’s assist before Taghizadeh scored his second a minute later to give Mes Sungun a five-goal advantage going into the break at the Gor Amongraga.

Less than 10 seconds into the second half, Askari displayed marvellous footwork when he dribbled past the Erem backline and let loose a right-footed strike to score his second.

The pace of the game then slowed down as both sides became more clinical in their movement and in the 33rd minute, a superb pass from Taku found Baigazy Uulu unmanned in front of the box, who then made no mistake to find the back of the net, before Taku himself scored in similar fashion just moments later to reduce EREM’s deficit.

Stung by the two goals, Mes Sungun began experimenting with different players donning the power player jersey, looking to solidify their spot in the semi-finals, while Erem too introduced their fifth attacking member, Emil Kanetov.

However, Erem eventually fell to an own goal by Maskat Alimov in the 37th minute when he deflected Aksari’s shot.

In the semi-finals on Friday, Mes Sungun will face either Nafit Al Wasat or Vamos FC, who meet later on Wednesday.

FC EREM Head Coach Daniiar Abdraimov
"The team is stronger now, and the tournament has served as a new experience for me, personally. I also think that the level of the tournament increases annually and wish that in the future, my team would go further, with a last four finish."

Mes Sungun Varzaghan Head Coach Hamid Bigham Tabrizi
"We have reached our target, and very soon, we will reach our goal. Altogether, it was expected to have such a result. We will now plan for our semi-finals match."

Courtesy: The

Bank of Beirut dethrone Chonburi Bluewave

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yogyakarta: Bank of Beirut sealed their place in the semi-finals of the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018 with a thrilling quarter-final win over defending champions Chonburi Bluewave on Wednesday.
Bank of Beirut won a penalty shootout 3-2 after the amazing contest had finished 7-7 after extra time following a remarkable comeback by Bluewave, with the end of regulation time seeing the match tied 6-6.

Beirut found themselves on the back foot as early as the first minute after Suphawut Thueanklang lost his marker on the right and his shot slipped past Beirut goalkeeper Hussein Hamadani to give defending champions Bluewave the lead.

Bluewave played a high-pressing game with captain Kritsada Wongkaeo operating down the middle but Beirut looked dangerous every time they counter attacked.

Unable to find the second goal, Thail club Bluewave changed their strategy and brought in Sorasak Phoonjungreed, Peerapat Kaewwilai, Nattavut Madyalan and Suttiroj Natthapon but it was a move that backfired.

Mouhammad Hammoud equalised for Beirut in the fifth minute off a Mahdi Javid corner as his shot rattled off the right post past Bluewave goalkeeper Katawut Hankampa.

Bluewave conceded again two minutes later when Javid flicked his shot to score Beirut’s second after an assist from Patrick Vieira Luz.

A stung Bluewave sent on their starting five again but couldn’t stop the rot as Beirut went further ahead in the eighth minute through Mohamad Kobeissy, who was teed up by Ahmad Kheir El Dine.

Mouhammad Hammoud then made it 4-1 when he scored a beautiful backheel from Vieira’s lob in the box off a Javid cross from the left.

Jirawat Sornwichian pulled one back for Bluewave in the 14th minute when he connected off a corner.

A rampant Beirut answered just a minute later when Kobeissy made his run from the centre and scored his second goal with ease, firing his shot to the bottom right of the goalmouth.

Bluewave’s Kaewwilai narrowed the deficit in the 17th minute with a clever lob over Hamadani from the top of the arc.

Again, Beirut fired back just a minute later, this time with El DIne who found space and unleashed his shot to the roof of the net past Hankampa.

Jirawat, however, ensured Bluewave stayed within sight with his second from a tap in following neat exchanges with Thueanklang.

Bluewave started the second half on the front foot and a clinical finish from Thueanklang narrowed their deficit to just one.

Thueanklang then sent his team into celebrations when he scrambled home the equaliser two minutes later off Wongkaeo’s corner.

Bluewave attacked in droves after that but the remaining minutes of regulation time failed to yield any more goals with extra time needed to determine the winners of the thrilling tie.

Thueanklang claimed his fourth for Bluewave a minute into extra time, scoring with a sublime finish from the top of the arc past Hamadani.

Beirut, however, did not give up and equalised from a power play through Vieira Luz who blasted his shot past Hankampa from Javid’s layoff in the 46th minute.

That forced a penalty shootout, with Beirut's Karim Abou Zeid, Vieira Luz and Javid converting after Thueanklang had missed Bluewave's first.

Beirut will face the winners of the Nagoya Oceans-Thai Son Nam quarter-final in the last four.

Bluewave Chonburi Head Coach Rakphol Sainetngamwas
"We conceded many goals in the first half but the second half was much better. We fought back to even the tie 6-6 at full time and were in front 7-6 in extra time but unfortunately we couldn't protect the goal and the match went into penalties. What can I say, it was just down to bad luck and we lost."

Bank of Beirut Head Coach Dejan Dedovic
"Emotions are really high right now but if you watch all our previous games, we really deserved to win. We were leading throughout the match except during the first 20 seconds of the first half and the start of extra time. In the first half we were solid and then our captain got injured in the second period and that gave us problems. I tried to rotate players but we conceded two quick goals."

Courtesy: The

Nafit Al Wasat overcome plucky Vamos to advance

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yogyakarta: Nafit Al Wasat will face Mes Sungun Varzaghan in the semi-finals of the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018, after needing extra time to defeat a plucky Vamos FC 7-4 in their quarter-final tie on Wednesday.
Despite Vamos being backed by a partisan crowd, it was Nafit who went ahead after just 50 seconds when the home side failed to make a clean clearance in the box to give Hassan Ali Jabbar the opportunity to score the opening goal.

Nafit, who were swift in attack, were also well organised at the back and dealt with every Vamos attack with ease.

Mustafa Bachay Hamzah came close to doubling Nafit’s lead in the fourth minute when his shot hit the post and seconds later, with the goal at his mercy, Farhad Tavakoli Roozbahani squandered the opportunity.

Nafit doubled their lead when Roozbahani broke free on a counter and supplied an inch perfect pass to Ghodrat Bahadori, who found the net in the eighth minute.

Urged on by the fans, Vamos pulled one back in the 11th minute after captain Syahidansyah Lubis found Marvin Alexa Wossiry, who fired a rocket past Nafit goalkeeper Yahya Abdulnoor Raheem.

The goal gave Vamos the confidence to push forward but Nafit were adept in soaking up the pressure.

Vamos applied early pressure in the second half and Iqbal Aliefian had a golden opportunity just seconds into the restart to level the tie but ballooned his shot from the top of the arc.

The home side kept pressing and Aliefian made amends a minute later when he found the roof of the net to send the fans into raptures.

Vamos finally came out of their shell and started testing Raheem with a barrage of shots and came close with Nandi Sumawijaya hitting the bar in the 20th minute.

Nafit sat back in their own half and paid the price as Vamos took the lead in the 29th minute. Lubis providing the assist again when he freed up Aliefian on the right who blasted his effort from close range.

Iraqi side Nafit, however, fought back and leveled the score through Ghodrat Bahadori in the 31st minute, finishing Roozbahani’s cross from the right.

Haitham Abbas Bawei’s men then took the lead in the 34th minute when Roozbahani beat two players on the right before finding Jabbar, who coolly finished.

Nafit picked up the pace in extra time and caught Vamos napping at the back when Tareq Zeyad Sulaiman’s delivery found an unmarked Jabbar, who sealed his hat-trick from close range in the 41st minute.

Roozbahani doubled Nafit’s lead in the 44th minute with a clinical finish when he volleyed home Hamzah’s delivery to restore their two-goal advantage.

Roozbahani inflicted more agony on Vamos when he scored his second goal from his own half in the 46th minute, which caught Vamos by surprise as Nafit finished with a 7-4 victory.

Nafit Al Wasat Head Coach Haitham Abbas Bawei
"This is the first match that we faced difficulty because Vamos is such a strong team with a good coach. It was a tough match playing in front of their fans. We are not superb but we won and that is the most important thing. The first half we were playing a diamond formation with three at the back which was effective but we changed our shape in the second half which allowed Vamos to come back."

Vamos FC Head Coach Reza Falahzadeh
"We lost to Nafit last year and today it was a good match but my players were fatigued in extra time. We used power play to come back into the game, its a strategy and sometimes you win or you can lose but we had our best player injured in extra time and it made things difficult for us. I'm proud of my players and I hope we can progress further in the next edition."

Courtesy: The

Thai Son Nam come from behind to book semis spot

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Yogyakarta: Thai Son Nam twice came back from a goal down to beat Nagoya Oceans 3-2 in extra time to secure a spot in the semi-finals of the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018 on Wednesday.
Coming in as Group A winners, Nagoya had a record of only having conceded one goal in three group stage games, but the Vietnamese champions proved to be their toughest challenge yet.

Three-time champions Nagoya, played with aggression and moved fluidly but it was Neto Antonio Hirata who was a thorn for Thai Son Nam.

In the sixth minute, he dribbled past two Thai Son Nam defenders on the left before sending the ball to an unmarked Ryohei Ando at the penalty mark, who then made no mistake to hit home.

Credit, however, was due to Miguel Rodrigo’s charges as they quickly adapted and performed well despite Nagoya’s pressure.

Their persistence paid off three minutes from the half-time whistle when a counter-attack saw Tran Van Vu surge down the right flank before passing the ball to Nguyen Minh Tri to hit home and draw level.

However, it was Nagoya who had the final say in the first half when Ando let loose a crackling left-footed strike aimed at Ryosuke Nishitani, who lost his marker and simply redirected the shot into the bottom left corner of the net.

Thai Son Nam have finished third in the tournament twice - in 2015 and 2017 - and their determination to make the final was clearly shown when they returned in the second half.

Less than a minute in, Minh Tri released an unstoppable strike from 15 metres out to score his second and equalise for Thai Son Nam once again.

The game then saw both sides attacking with Thai Son Nam goalkeeper Ho Van Y saving his side time and again, forcing extra time.

In the 42nd minute, Thai Son Nam had accrued five fouls but that didn’t stop or change their playstyle as they became more spirited. The same rang true for Nagoya after picking up their fifth foul in the 47th minute.

Thai Son Nam had been in this position just two days before in their final Group B match, where they overcame Al Dhafra in the final minute to seal the win.

Similarly against Nagoya, it was ‘keeper Van Y who broke the deadlock in the 49th minute when Nagoya’s power play backfired and he shot the ball into an unguarded goalmouth to seal a semi-final tie against Lebanon’s Bank of Beirut on Friday.

Thai Son Nam Head Coach Miguel Rodrigo
"The first half was 100% to Nagoya's favour, I couldn't recognise my team on the pitch. Maybe it's because we played really tense and it made me realise that my team really have to play calmly and show their full potential. By half-time it was 2-1, but they deserved to have scored more goals. In the second half, everything changed. We spoke in the locker room about tactics but also about mental control. We then played fantastic futsal, and in the extra time, we played fantastic. Overall, we deserve to win."

Nagoya Oceans Head Coach Pedro Costa
"What can I say, but that we are very sad. We don't deserve this result. We worked from the first till the last minute. We tried to do power play because we didn't want to go to penalty kicks, and they defended well and scored a goal. It's my mistake, not my players. I am very proud of them because they worked a lot in every game with their best. I'm very sad with the result but proud of my team."

Courtesy: The

Vamos bow out with heads held high

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Yogyakarta: Vamos FC’s fairytale run may have ended after their 7-4 defeat to Nafit Al Wasat in the quarter-finals of the AFC Futsal Club Championship Indonesia 2018 on Wednesday but they have set the bar high for Indonesia.
The Indonesian club exceeded expectations when they qualified for the Knockout Stage after finishing second in their group on goal difference.

Vamos, a young team that was put together just weeks before the start of the tournament following the exit of established players, took the game to Iraqi side Nafit at the Gor Amongrogo.

Although the odds were against Reza Falahzadeh’s men, Vamos made Nafit sweat after a spirited fightback saw them take a 3-2 lead in the second half and dug deep to equalise in the final minute after conceding two goals to force extra time following a 4-4 deadlock in normal regulation.

Their performance, however, took a dip in extra time when their standout player Marvin Alexa Wossiry, limped off injured at the start of extra time. That allowed Nafit to fire three more goals to end the tie 7-4.

"We lost to Nafit last year and today it was a good match but my players were fatigued in extra time,” said Falahzadeh

“We used power play to come back into the game, it’s a strategy and sometimes you win or you can lose but we had our best player injured in extra time and it made things difficult for us.

“I want to apologise for losing today and I'm proud of my players and I hope we can progress further in the next edition."

“Nafit had two Iranian players in their lineup and they played extremely well but my players never gave up and fought hard to stay in the game. But we lost some momentum in extra time and were punished for that,” said Syahidansyah Lubis, who earned praise from Nafit head coach Haitham Abbas Bawei for his performance.

“I want to thank my teammates who were excellent today (Wednesday), the head coach and his staff and especially to all the fans who did not lose hope and were with us throughout our journey.”

At the end of the match, Vamos received a standing ovation from their fans who sang the Indonesia national anthem and in a show of sportsmanship, Nafit players along with Bawei and his management staff stayed in the centre circle and applauded Vamos and their supporters.

Posted by Luca Ranocchiari -->
KeywordSearch in Title and DescriptionSearchClearPages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
ArgentinaYouth Olympic Games - Buenos Aires 2018August 27, 2018 09:00
PortugalMasters Cup 2018August 25, 2018 09:30
Equatorial GuineaWorld Intercontinental Futsal Cup 2018: The ChallengersAugust 25, 2018 09:00
International CompetitionsUEFA Futsal Champions League 2018/2019August 25, 2018 09:00
ArgentinaBuenos Aires 2018 DrawAugust 24, 2018 09:50
International CompetitionsUEFA Women's Futsal EUROAugust 20, 2018 09:00
International Competitions16th World University Futsal Championship - Almaty 2018August 18, 2018 09:00
IndonesiaAFC Futsal Club ChampsAugust 13, 2018 09:00
CubaCuban leagueAugust 13, 2018 00:00
IndonesiaFinals in YogyakartaAugust 12, 2018 21:00
Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
FutsalPlanet © 2018